Just in, clean skin can be the all around best accessory for your fabulous, scintillating, ‘it girl’ spring look. What’s more “in” than sexy athleisure and denim? Clean skin to go with your to-die-for joggers. So grab your favorite facial toner (mine is Eben’s purifying tonic lotion) and get ready to strut your stuff. I was strolling down Collins Avenue on a sunny day. I passed a myriad of stores, looking into the windows for new spring trends I like. As I passed by, I couldn’t help but check out my reflection in a mirror. My spirit cracked when I noticed a glowing red bump with a flaxen top on my face. There it was, taunting me, staring right at me. “Oh my gosh” it’s because I slept in my makeup. How many times do we forget to do our daily skincare routine at night because we’re simply too tired? How many of us don’t do it at all? I’m going to give you 13 reasons why, I prefer my puns intended, a steady skincare routine is a necessary part of your day.
- Pimples are the incarnation of poor skincare. Pimples are yielded by excess oils trapped in your pores.
- Most people think that just because their skin looks healthy it doesn’t need to be taken care off. However, fun fact, skin follicles shed daily. This leaves behind dead skin cells that need to be scrubbed off in order for it to rejuvenate.
- A skin care routine with vitamin C, found in citrus, can help overcome some of the effects of aging. Vitamin C needs vitamin E to perform optimally. So make sure your products contain both in order for vitamin C to be effective. Eben Naturals products provide a combination of both!
- Using harsh products can strip your skin of lipids and moisture. Your skin is your main defense system. It’s the largest organ and as well the outer layer that protects your temple. Having poor skin care routine can lead to sickness due to unhealthy epidermis.
- Some nutrients needed to maintain a healthy, hydrated skin for longevity, are often not consumed daily. Thus, a skincare regime ensures that your body capitulates the necessary minerals for healthy skin.
- Antioxidants like Vitamin C, fight the formation of free radicals. They help maintain a clean look and keep your skin free of polluting agents in the air.
- With the growth of environmental hazards, such as global warming, your daily regime is more important than ever. Skin care routines provide a layer of protection against radiation. Vitamin C specially, protects our skin against UV rays that have long lasting effects on our health. Even leading to some cancers.
- The importance of bright skin begins with how you nurture your skin at home.
- Great skin doesn’t happen overnight. It is a constant process that requires nurturing and daily attention.
- Since we all have different skin types, some of us might have to take care of our skin more than others. However, just because on the outside it doesn’t show the effects of lack of care, doesn’t mean your body isn’t suffering internally.
- Over time, you’ll end up saving money if you maintain a skin care regime. Long term, there are a lot of complications that may need correction due to lack of skin care. Visits to the doctor and surgeon, may be more expensive due to lack of attention to detail.
- A healthy skin care routine helps develop important habits. It also creates awareness, this may lead to even better habits and lifestyle changes that can help you become a healthier individual.
- Last but not least, it feels good! I know my mornings wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t have my Eben naturals to give me a fresh start.
So Next time you’re feeling lax, don’t forget that our body doesn’t take a break to keep us healthy. Moreover, to help our bodies out, we should develop healthy habits, such as a skincare regime, in order to nurture our souls.
A little soul food for your feed,
Dry skin no more,